Friday, December 12, 2008

Trees!

Well, I guess you could call me a liar or even confused. In the end though, I thought this was the best place to post about the newest editions to our backyard - three trees. So even though I said the garden was done, I decided to talk about these editions in this blog as it seemed most appropriate.

Yes, we got trees. Three. Two live oaks and another one that I think is like a cross between a cherry tree and a weeping willow - Rachel can confirm and post pictures also. I'm pretty excited about the trees seeing as how we really had nothing to block the neighbors behind us from peering into our backyard or our home. It will take a few years, but eventually the backyard will be a sanctuary from the rest of the world for our kids and whoever else may live there over the course of our wonderful little home.

We followed the directions pretty clearly, unfortunately we won't know for a while if the roots "took" or not. Please pray, if you have a moment that we don't lose them. It wouldn't be a financial setback so much as it would be an emotional one. I'm especially excited about coming home from my long deployment to see trees much larger than the ones I left and a backyard gradually becoming more and more private.

No comments:

Post a Comment