Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bee Movie

Bee Movie2007 - PG 

Hmm.  On a whim, I went by myself to the local cineplex for an offering of dynamic digital artwork.  I remember when the first previews came out for this movie, with Jerry Seinfeld dressed up in a massive bee costume, being flung around a soundstage with gigantic flowers and a massive mock window.  I remember thinking, the same thing: hmm. 

In short, I give it a 4.  It really wasn't funny enough to be enjoyed by adults and yet the plot seemed a little too complex for younger children to "get".  The graphics was terrific (of course) and the soundtrack was pretty good and the theme was a fairly new concept, it just lacked spunk!  There were very few folks in the theater with me and I think that three folks walked out about after the first 20 minutes (presumably to see a different movie).  I sat through, though, and it did get a little better.  Have you seen it?  What do you think?  If you haven't seen it - wait for it to come out as a rental.  $8.25 was too much!

Best character: Mooseblood, played by Chris Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment