Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Total Money Makeover

Total Money Makeover, Dave Ramsey

I have one debt left in this world (other than my mortgage), and it is to my next oldest brother and best man.  He sent me this book in the summer of 2005 and from page 1, my financial life was turned upside down and brought onto a straight and narrow path of success.  Rachel got on board with me and together we got on board with Dave's plan for financial peace, and our family has been changed, forever.  You could consider it an experience akin to being "born again" financially, because that's exactly what's happened since.

God sent more counselors our way; my boss at my previous assignment, a free "Financial Peace" class held by the base chapel, friends who shared our struggles and shared the job of holding eachother accountable, and most importantly - people who are worth giving to, especially when they need it most.  That doesn't make sense?  How could someone who receives your money be a financial counselor?  My answer is simple - they are why I want to be a serious prodigious accumulator of wealth (PAW).  To give, is to receive!  Try it and you will see what I mean!

Dave's personal success story is certainly a good one, but the better stories come, honestly and humbly, from average folks like me.  We read his book, together, following "Baby Steps" and prayed a lot.  14 months later, we paid off over $17,000 in debt, eliminating all debt in our life, and started our financial lives over.  More importantly, we were finally in control of our money!  Ask yourself, "Am I determining where every dollar goes, or am I letting the daily grind decide for me?"  If you answered "yes" to the latter, you need to e-mail me.  I will send you a free hardback copy of this book (as long as you promise to read it) while supplies last!

No comments:

Post a Comment