Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Holy Bible: New International Version

The Holy Bible: New International Version, GodFirst, the confession - I haven't read it, cover to cover.  I'm closer now than I ever have been, though.  I started about two years ago reading all the way through the New Testament, for a lot of reasons.  I'm sure I've read everything in there at least once, just never in order.  So, that took a while - too long, honestly, and when I got to the last word of Revelation ("Amen"), I thought, "hm, maybe I should just try to finish this whole thing out."  So, I turned to Genesis 1:1, the beginning of a book I've read many many times and started reading it, once again.  This time, however I was intent on finishing.  For whatever selfish reasons, I got all the way to 1 Chronicles and hit a brick wall.  (This was probably six months ago)  Last night,God gave me the strenth to climb the wall and now He's pacing me through all these really weird names.

God loves us, a whole lot.  I know it's easy not to see that, what with all the war that the Bible mentions and the plagues and the anihilation of those who turned from Him.  But, at the end - He did everything because we are his most prized creation.  We are the only thing on this earth that received his spirit to wake up.  Whether we acknowledge it or not - He is in all of us.  The Bible is not full of heroes or saints, as some may believe.  Rather, it is overflowing with common folk, like ourselves, who only see face value.  Person after person, people group after people group, the Bible shows that a moment of humility and an ounce of faith in His plan, rather than our own flimsy ambitions, equate to mountains of blessings that are heaped upon us like burning coals!

That's what I've gotten out of the Bible so far.  Maybe it will change.  If so, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment