Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy Feet

Happy Feet, 2006 - PG

Great animation; cute penguins.  I have to say the coolest part (and saddest) is the voiceover provided by the late, great Steve Irwin.  He performed the voice for an elephant seal and the DVD gives you a look at a clip that was originally excluded from the film with his voice talents again.  I really liked the storyline, although a little slow at first, it picked up quickly and drew me into the lives of these furry flightless birds.  I don't want to give any of the plot away as I believe this is a good viewing for just about anybody over the age of 12.  I think that some of the activity by the animated characters is actually a bit too "suggestive" to expose a younger crowd to, only to emulate on the playground.  I will not let my kids watch this anytime soon as they are both a little young to understand the theme and may actually lose some interest during the longer sequences.

The cinematography and animation were unbelievable and definitely made me want to visit Antarctica some day.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment