Sunday, November 11, 2007

“House”-pitality

What a blessing a concert can be - above and beyond its outward purpose!  So, you may remember that I met some folks at the Jeremy Camp concert a few weeks ago.  Well, today I joined them at their church again and afterwards they invited me to lunch.  I figured it would be nice to spend some more time with them and I had to eat, so the two seemed to go well together.  Anyway, I expected to visit a local eatery or attend a pot-luck or something, but God had something even better in store for me.  Instead of stopping at McD's, I followed them - all the way to their home!  What a nice surprise to be invited into their home after having seen them only a few times.  They had a terrific spread and everyone was well fed.  We got to sharing and the next thing I knew, it was three hours later!  I'm so thankful that the Lord has provided these new friends and I hope that we get to share more of our lives as we all continue to grow in His purpose for us.  I pray that you meet someone knew this week or maybe just get re-acquainted with an old friend.  You never know what is in store!  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment