Saturday, November 3, 2007

Welcome India!

That now makes visitors from two new countries in a week!  I'm happy to see that the world is starting to notice our happy little community.  

On Friday, after work, I went to the club with some co-workers up here and watched the first half of "Transformers" - GO AIR FORCE!  Then I chilled at a co-worker's home with another friend (all of our wives were out of town) and we had an acoustic jam session.  It was groovy. . . One of the dudes left and I was introduced to Guitar Hero: 80's for PlayStation.  I have to admit, I've never been a big fan of video games.  This game, however, ROCKED!  I had a blast - even though real skills at the guitar are next to useless to do well in this game.  Good rythem helps, as does hand - eye coordination, like any video game.

Today I vegged out in the rental car - a totally sweet blue PT Cruiser.  Yes, I vegged out in the rental for over 7 hours!  I explored all over the Smokies and hit Cades Cove and Clingman's Dome.  There was a brief intermission at a classy little dive - Mel's Diner - but most of the day was spent listening to Channel 66 on satellite radio (Spirit) and enjoying the essence of fall in Tennessee.  You might say, "But Dave, Tennessee's not really Alaska, is it?", as if to say it's not pretty enough.  Yes, you are right - Tennessee is not Alaska, thankfully.  I'm not sure I would have enjoyed my drive nearly as much at 30-below today.  I certainly wouldn't have made the mile hike up and back at Clingman's Dome to the observation tower.  Anyway, you naysayers can sit back and pretend your day spent watching college football was more rewarding than the half tank I spent cruising the Appalachians in fall.  You just do that. . .

Anyway, this blog entry is getting too long, so I'm going to cut it short.  Besides, my clam chowder is getting cold, the french bread is getting stale and Panera closes in 50 minutes.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment